The fort is at a 10 minute walk from the Télégraphe mountain pass. It overlooks the Maurienne Valley and offers greats views on the Arc valley.
Built between 1885 and 1893, the fort du Télégraphe is located on the site of an old telegraph Chappe relay station which was linking Paris to Milano (Italy). Its polygonal architecture (Séré de Rivières style) is well adapted to the spectacular geography of the area.
The fort has also been used as a command post during the italian offensive in the area of Valloire and Valmeinier (Battle of the Alps - June 10th to 25th, 1940)
Guided tours with FACIM Foundation
Guided tours with the Guides du Patrimoine Savoie Mont-Blanc